CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Dying Rice

I have decided that we are going to make a rice rainbow for the letter R. I just needed to learn how to dye rice.

It was SUPER simple and with minimal mess :)


For each color you are making you are going to need:

  • 3/4 cup White Rice
  • 1 Tbsp of Rubbing Alcohol
  • 2-5 drops of Food Coloring
  • Sandwich Size Ziploc Bag
1. Combine Rice, Alcohol, and Food Coloring in Ziploc Bag. For pink I used 2 drops of red. Shake bag until ALL the rice is colored. 

2. Poor rice out in a single layer so that it can dry.

3. Store in a ziploc bag or other container. These were my first batch. I am actually very happy with how pretty the colors came out. :)

We made a Rice Rainbow for our lesson on the letter R. You can see it here.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...